New Nav Bar

HOME     PRESS     BIOGRAPHY     CONTACT

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

To Code: Graduate from Mall Brands

To Code: A Guide to Being A Better Gentleman 

As I make my way closer to 30, the age group of people I interact with are regularly in the 26 to 35 bracket. With that being said I meet far too many men often times older than me, married with children who rock low rise, bedazzled, pre-torn jeans with matching top. I don't know about you but I didn't go to A&F University, or AERO College.

Listen, bands like Aeropostale, American Eagle, Abercrombie, and their other mall store friends have a target market of 14 - 25 year olds. That's high schools and undergrads! Some stores that target the whole family like GAP, Express, even Old Navy, still stock clothing that fits that "mall brand" stereo type with the more grown up items you should be shopping for, hidden away in the back like some sort of VIP section. Mall companies understand that people into their 40's somehow end up wearing the same outfits as their preteens.

Here is my simple take on this, not all mall stores are evil, but once your are of legal age of buying alcohol, stop shopping at these underage stores. Do a good deed and donate that stuff before your 25th birthday, you want to wear T-shirts with a name across it, make it your Alma mater not Tommy Hilfiger.

P.S. these rules apply to you ladies out there reading this, you are just as guilty - I'm talking to you girl wearing sweatpants with "Juicy" on the back.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment