New Nav Bar

HOME     PRESS     BIOGRAPHY     CONTACT

Monday, November 22, 2010

Richmond, easy picking for the fashionable in VA

I spent all day Thursday walking the streets of Richmond and was it a good time. It was a slightly chilly day and I was surprised that Richmond has a bit of a sleepy feel while still having some action going on all around. It was quite dynamic as far as fashion goes. You get around the VCU campus and you find a lot of different mixes of what is common around college campuses right now. Basically a mix of grunge urban chic, and the boho look that Urban Outfitters, Anthropology, and American Apparel offer. It was nice to see less "mall" looks and more aggressive looks. You head uptown to Carytown and you just really find a mix of the city masses, though it was mid-week and winter so a bit slow for a Thursday afternoon. Downtown was awesome! But I lost some prime blogging time talking to friends. The looks overall were much cleaner, more mature, clean cut, kind of glamorous, classy, and refined.

I wasn't sure how much time I would have had on Friday, and it turned out I had to call it a day. I really look forward to coming back to Richmond. I've been visiting friends in Richmond for years now, but this was my first trip for the blog. I'm not sure when, but I hope to visit again sometime in the spring. Maybe around fashion week. I want to spend a bit more time downtown and possibly catch the weekend traffic around the market by Tobacco Row. I'll also have more daylight to work with. So not that I don't want to get straight to the good stuff, but I'm going to leave you with a bit of a teaser. SORRY!

Here is one picture for you. I'm in the process of rotating less denim in my wardrobe and more khakis and slacks, but I found probably the best place to find designer denim anywhere south of Northern Virginia. Need Supply Co. carries A.P.C. Raw Denim for the guys, some vintage denim for the ladies, Citizens of Humanity--I could go on. Not to mention a pretty nice selection of shoes. You have to check them out if you're in town. I'm not one to praise and basically promote a store on my blog, but it really is in my opinion one of the best shops in Carytown. I'm also tall with monkey arms though, so it's hard to find anything that fits well in many of the vintage and consignment shops that lace Cary Street.

Street Style in Richmond, Need Supply Company


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Holly crap! Did anyone notice the gang load of grammar mistakes in this post? This is why I keep the talk small and focus on the photos. I did write this at about 2am, so that might have had something to do with it, and the fact I'm a crappy writer doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete