New Nav Bar

HOME     PRESS     BIOGRAPHY     CONTACT

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Gregory Brothers

Around the holidays, I spend a lot less time on the street and do other things I enjoy such as: eating, visiting family, and seeing live shows of any kind. I was pleased to find out that The Gregory Brothers, YouTube stars behind the Auto Tune The News videos and the internet explosion Bed Intruder Song, were doing their Annual Christmas show in their hometown of Radford, VA. I scored a front row seat next to, oddly enough, The Gregory Brothers' Dad, Mr. Gregory.  I truly enjoyed the auto tune-free Christmas music by The Gregory Brothers Andrew, Micheal, Evan, and Evans wife Sara Gregory.











































I have to say, unlike Jennifer Lopez, The Gregory Brothers love their hometown and actually do good things for the place they give credit for their upbringing. How do I know? It turns out they gave 100% of the ticket sales to local Radford charities. Also unlike Jennifer Lopez, the people of Radford love them back. The City of Radford showed their appreciation by giving the three brothers the key to the city (presented to them by the Mayor of Radford).






















Before I stop typing and put an end to my praise of the Gregory Brothers (plus one girl), their musical abilities were outstanding. Their clean layered harmonies, range, and ability to practically play every instrument on stage made for a great Christmas Eve-Eve-Eve...... Eve. If I learned anything from tonight, the most ironic part of The Gregory Brothers and their claim to fame - the digital pixidust for the untalents, also know as autotune - is that they in no way will ever need autotune for themselves (they are this thing called talented). Hopefully, the rest of the world will slowly be exposed to musical splenda and comedic genius of The Gregory Brothers.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment