New Nav Bar

HOME     PRESS     BIOGRAPHY     CONTACT

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Virginia Tech Fashion Show 2012 - Best In Show

Here we are! Again, thanks to the Virginia Techs Fashion Design Merchandising Society for sending me the invite to this years show, it was a lot of fun and has become something I look forward to each spring. Even though I didn't feature something by every designer featured in the show, all the girls (and one guy) did an amazing job and are beyond talented. Fashion is a tough industry, and the fact they can make something someone can wear is a feat in its self. I can talk about it style and fashion, but not make a napkin for the life of me.

On to the goods. No design is better than the other, they were just my top picks for whatever reason, there were so many great designs this year it made it hard for me to decided but here we go.






















Maxi's were HUGE last year, the mix pastels with patterns on the bottom half, light mint green top, separated by that gold belt was just flawless. This dress had me at hello.

  Best Over all designer winner Kelsy killed it with this black and gold mini. Love the length in the sleeves, great for warm or cold weather wear. Where can I place an order?.... No seriously, my wife needs this dress.






















Oh, where to start. This outfit by student designer Bronwyn Hairston had so many elements that make me weak in the knees, he has that aesthetic of a bygone era where women were just so effortlessly beautiful (even though we all know they took hours to get ready). First off, I adore polka dots, they are fun and cute. Blue is my go too all time favorite color, I wear it almost every day. When it comes to shorts on women, those skinny minis can keep their Daisy Dukes, I like my ladies in high wasted shorts that hit just above mid thigh. Shear tops layered with something more modest underneath is a look so big on my fashion radar right now. I want to see it everywhere!I think Brittany made this one just for me, I enjoyed watching it shown on the runway.

Again, great job to all the student designers at VT! Stay fabulous Hokies, stay fabulous.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to take credit for this wonderful outfit, but the white sheer blouse and polka dot shorts was made by Bronwyn Hairston:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that.. I corrected it. Its been a crazy week for me.

    ReplyDelete