New Nav Bar

HOME     PRESS     BIOGRAPHY     CONTACT

Monday, January 10, 2011

Charlotte, what I've seen so far.


So I've never really spent much time in the city streets of Charlotte, but after passing through for about the 10th time in the past year I actually stopped and took a look around. You wouldn't think so driving by on I-77, but once you make your way Uptown the almost bumper to bumper fast paced world that revolves Charlotte goes away, and you find yourself in actually quite a sleepy town; to city standards that is.

It was a bit cold for my wife to want to tag along on our first stop before Christmas, but we got to walk around just enough to give us a better feeling of Charlotte's Uptown life. On our way back to Virginia we made a strictly for photos detour back to Uptown, this time on a Sunday. You know your in the South because you could stop to tie your shoe in the middle of the street and probably not a car would pass before you were done and safely to the other side.

Aside all that, I'm still left feeling what I can only describe in the words of William Shakespeare, " O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?" Unfortunately yes, though visiting strange new cities is a bit luck and a bit localizing yourself to what is truly "local." I look forward to visiting Charlotte once again, I feel that it has much more to offer as far as culture, style, fashion, and people. I feel I'll have to make a trip strictly for photography on any day but Sunday, then I feel I'll find what I've been hoping for hiding in the elusive Charlotte streets.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment