New Nav Bar

HOME     PRESS     BIOGRAPHY     CONTACT

Sunday, September 25, 2011

To Code: Don't be a "Bubble Butt!"

To Code: A Guide to Being A Better Gentleman 

As modern men, we feel the need to carry everything we own with us -- smart phones, iPods, digital cameras, chap-stick, keys, etc. -- in our pockets which = pocket overkill. Then there's the wallet: a more period version of the modern smart phone.  The wallet has always been out of control with what gets stuffed in it. It's the most used, yet abused item of a man's daily carry. An over stuffed wallet will add bulk to your new tailored fit trousers, which makes the "bubble butt" the most common style faux pas made every day.









































The day I retired my bi-fold was the day my butt thanked me for the many years of abuse.  How do you transition? Ditch your current bi/tri-fold and upgrade to a simple card holder and money clip. If you need more than your drivers license, a credit card, and maybe a work ID on you at all times, upgrade to a brief case. I carry the bare minimum: a few bucks, Burt's Bees, keys, and my card holder with no more than my ID. Also, if I'm not wearing a coat or have a bag, I often leave the cell phone behind just because I don't want to deal with its bulk in my pockets.






















Do yourself (and your butt) a solid and downsize your wallet. Hard chairs will be no match for your new streamline back pocket gear. You'll wonder why you didn't do it a long time ago.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment