New Nav Bar

HOME     PRESS     BIOGRAPHY     CONTACT

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Radford Univseristy Spring Fashion Show 2013 - "My Pick"

Although I shouldn't have left the house due to the world's worst cold, I mustered up about 2 hours worth of energy to make the Radford University's fashion department, spring fashion show. I missed last year's show so it was great to be able to attend it again this year. I'll post a few more images from the show later, but here is my top senior collection from Saturday by Bradi Berry.

Radford University Fashion show 2013 brandi berry fashion shows in virginia














































When I'm looking at designs by students, I'm subjective in a different way compared to when I watch other collections. Their budget, support, and resources are just at very different levels. I don't expect a college student to spend part of the college loans on super lux fabric just yet.

Simply put, I want to see well thought out, well finished, well fitting designs. Brandi wasn't nominated by the panel for one of the design awards, from what I could figure out on my own without explanation, they have set themes for the students; resort wear, day wear, formal, etc.. and these looks may not fit in as well. Makes sense since they are teaching students how to build clothing more than how to be the next, creative fashion mastermind power house. Nonetheless, her collection featured some nice denim, natural, wool based fabrics in neutral tones, which to me were a great choice. They hide any obvious signs of lower grade fabrics versus going for polys, to get that more glam, lux look of the cheap.

The crazy candy cane spandex thing was a bit Dr. Seuss? but overall it had the best finishing for so many pressed lines, and looked girly is a runway kind of way.
Good job Brandi.

Radford University Fashion show 2013 brandi berry fashion shows in virginia

Radford University Fashion show 2013 brandi berry fashion shows in virginia

Radford University Fashion show 2013 brandi berry fashion shows in virginia












































Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Brandi's line was my favorite too! Awesome colors in wearable designs! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Radford students have wonderful instructors. Their work, ANDthe student work just shines!!

    Peggy Quesenberry
    VT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Radford students have a fantastic group of instructors.
    Their work is GREAT, and so is that of their students!!

    ReplyDelete